Are you into data analytics? Well, if it is your choice, then we must say that you have taken a smart career decision indeed. Given that the global market will hopefully experience a compound annual growth rate or CAGR by the year 2023, data analytics is indeed a great field.
To begin with, you can enrol yourself to a Bachelor’s Degree in Data Analytics. But, if you really want to stay ahead of the competition, then pursuing an MBA in Data Analytics will be the perfect option.
Now, whether you want to attend conventional, on-campus classes or go for distance learning, it is totally up to you. Not to forget that the online MBA in Data Analytics will give you better flexibility in terms of timing, schedule, preparation and much more.
This course helps students in learning various techniques for conversion of structured, unstructured or semi-structured data into valuable insights. Such significant insights play a massive role in influencing and shaping the operational and strategic decision-making processes across different sectors, for instance, banking, financial services, telecom, e-commerce, retail and so on.
Among the various electives that you will get to learn while pursuing MBA in Data Analytics, are Predictive Analytics, Information Security in Business, E-Business, Cloud Computing and Big Data., Decision-Making Systems and Data Visualization, Marketing Analysis etc.
The course enables you to value the immense potential of the data sources, the data itself. You will be able to manipulate as well as process the data and thereby create some valuable data models.
Also Read: Technology Challenges for Small Business
Data Analytics v/s Business Analytics
Often students tend to confuse these terms with each other. But it is necessary to understand that these two courses differ in not just one, but multiple ways. They offer different study approaches to the students.
Data Analytics is all about the technical bend in data handling, for instance, data purging, data cleaning, and similar other functions. While pursuing this course, you will be able to learn about multiple tools that help in testing the data and draw valuable insights from the same.
On the other hand, Business Analytics course is about all the functional processes of business, for instance, day to day business operations, expansion of business by undertaking in-depth market analysis and so on. The students can get to learn about how to study, interpret and process the available data and use the information obtained for business proliferation.
Course highlights for MBA in Data Analytics:
- Course Level: Post Graduate
- Tenure: Two years
- Type of examination: Semester based examinations
- Job profiles: Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Business Analyst, Risk Analyst
- Top recruiters: Cisco systems, TCS, Cognizant, Wipro technologies, Mahindra Satyam, KPMG, HCL Technologies
- Average salary: INR 2,00,000 – INR 5,80,000
Top Educational institutions where you can pursue an MBA in Data Analytics
- School of Management Studies, University of Hyderabad
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development, Pune
- IIM Bangalore
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, New Delhi
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology
- IIM Calcutta
- Great Lakes Institute of Management
- Galgotias University
- Lovely Professional University
- GD Goenka University
- BSE Institute Limited, Mumbai
- K L University, Guntur
- NIIT University
Eligibility for pursuing MBA in Data Analytics
In order to pursue an MBA in Data Analytics, a candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50-60% aggregrate (varies as per different institutes). He or she should have a strong mathematical or computer programming background.
Admission procedure for MBA in Data Analytics
Admission purely depends on the scores obtained by the candidates during the entrance examinations. After that, candidates need to go through group discussions, case study, and personal interview rounds for final selection and allotment of seats. The past academic record, as well as work experience, can also boost your chances of securing admission in a reputed institute.
Entrance examinations that you need to appear for pursuing an MBA in Data Analytics:
- Centurian University Written Entrance Test
Career opportunities after MBA in Data Analytics:
- Operations Research Analyst: MBA in Data Analytics can help you bag the job of an operations research analyst. You will be able to sue your advanced mathematical and analytical skills for helping companies in tackling some major operational issues.
- Higher-level roles in Business Administration: In case you want to work in higher-level roles in business administration, then getting an MBA degree in Data Analytics can be a brilliant idea.
- Computer Systems Analyst: You can use your MBA in Data Analytics degree for making computer systems more effective and efficient. Companies will seek your help to understand the latest technologies and their installation in the computer systems.
- Software Developer: You can also opt for software development jobs. You will be creating applications as well as systems, that help companies and individuals to boost their business, services and products.
Hope you find this guide immensely helpful as you commence your journey towards pursuing an MBA in Data Analytics.