Modern education has always been closely attached to technology. Online apps and smart tools have become an important part of it. And with the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic, it’s not going away anytime soon. Now that makes it absolutely necessary for institutes to have a students’ portal.
A portal is a secured design. It’s a multipurpose website made to meet users’ needs. A portal is build to offer multiple resources and services to visitors. Be it e-mail, discussion forums, knowledge base, search engine, external links, online shopping, or forms, etc. The benefits of having a students’ portal are far too many. That’s exactly what I’ll be talking about in this post.
Benefits of Students’ portal
Apart from contributing to academics, it can also help management with various tasks. Reaching students & staff, meeting institutional objectives and serving general community, to name a few. Let’s take a closer look, shall we?
Students can make the most out of portals as it provides:
- Easy user-interface with every information about courses and all.
- Instant communication with faculty.
- Accessible reports about grades, classes, fee structure, etc.
- Additional activities for students such as sports, special projects, seminars, and community service, etc.
- Too many learning options and scope.
- Personalized/customized student service.
Faculty & Staff can use the portal for:
- Live communication with students.
- Simplified tools for easy course management.
- Instant knowledge base to guide their students.
- One-stop solution to get all information about every part of their employment.
The community can use students’ portal in day-to-day life. Portals can answer and resolve, queries and doubts of the general audience too.
- Portals are an informative and credible source of information. It provides authentic knowledge to the general public.
- It is a convenient way for users to be a part of environment-friendly activities, public seminars, and other community service programs.
- It gives personalized/customized tools and features to the general audience.
- Portals can play an important role in managing the staff, faculty, students, and rest of the workforce right from your desk.
- It can increase a university’s profile and its reputation.
- Portal is the best way to attract more students and users.
- It can improve community engagement.
- Offers distance learning.
- Improves the overall efficiency of the institute.
More and more universities have started using students’ portal as a multipurpose solution to meet their goals. It’s a reliable source designed for all. It takes care of every perspective. And, its ultimate goal is to enhance the end-user experience.